Saturday, March 19, 2011

Walk for Warmth!!

On Sunday, February 27th, my wonderful, talented, funny, and very sweet, teen queen Morgan Stocker and I participated in the Walk For Warmth at the Auburn Hills Palace!! What a great event to be able to donate/raise money to help others for such a worthy cause and get exercise while walking through the palace!! The money is raised to help those who are financially struggling to pay their heating bills and make sure they can heat their home for the winter months. With our struggling economy, here in this bitterly cold  Michigan winter, the need has been great this year and I feel humbled to be able to help these folks out in some small way.
The place was packed and had such an excellent turnout for such a frigid weather day!! There were several different booths set up for advertisiments and there were also a few featured bands along the walk to keep us entertained!! Morgan and I had a great afternoon catching up with one another about her school, her dancing, my work, college, and our pageant preparation! Morgan is such a fun, free spirited, girl and  she never fails to make me laugh!! I feel incredibly blessed to have her for my first teen queen sister!!

My teen Morgan and me with the mascot! Who doesn't love penguins???!!
The 2011 Walk For Warmth poster!

No comments:

Post a Comment