Monday, May 16, 2011

CMN Radiothon at Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital!! :)

Beau and me!

Blaine and a coworker (not Alyson) hosted the Radiothon! Great entertainer!


Beaumont Hospital staff who worked tirelessly and always with smiles!

Brenna O'Malley, Miss St. Clair Shores, and I are waiting for the phones to ring!!


These two cuties are twins!! He has Spina Bifida and is doing very well!! :)

"Thank you for your donation!!"

This why I love being an MAO titleholder!! Look at her face!! :)


I love my furry friends!! I did work at Disney World afterall!! LOL!! :)

Brenna, myself, and Miss Lighthouse Coast, Angela Venditti are all smiles!


This is the very kind and lovely Sherry Margolis from Channel 2 News who came in for an interview! She is so sweet and so tiny!!


Whenever there is a CMNH volunteer event, sign me up!! I had the honor to be a part of the Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital Radiothon event which helped raise funds for CMNH. Brenna O'Malley, Miss St Clair Shores, and I, answered phones together for a few hours and it was great to hear the passion that people had after hearing all of the heart wrenching stories that they wanted to give us much as they could! It's always amazing to see our community come together to help those in need!!
All the money raised stays in the local area and we raised over $100,000!!!! It was 13 hours of non stop activity! Radio hosts, Blaine and Allyson, from 96.3 WDVD radio station,  came and shared their energy level with us! They were tremendously friendly and kind! I also had the honor of meeting Channel 2 news anchor Sherry Margolis who was incredibly sweet to me (wished me well for Miss Michigan) and a great interviewer for the radiothon! 
As a Walt Disney World character performer I had to take some time with Beau the Beaumont bear!! He was adorable and his fur was soft, so naturally kids loved him, as did I!!
I had the unique experience to go on the childrens tour up in the hospital patients rooms with Miss Lighthouse Coast, Angela Venditti. We had a lovely visit with a young woman (18 years old) named Mycala. She is hoping to gain back her health and try to compete in a pageant someday!
I was so blessed to have had the experience of my first radiothon at the Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital!! It was great to be a part of such a wonderful and uplifting event and to hear about all of the survivors as well as to raise an enormous amount of money!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment