Monday, May 16, 2011

Mr Kettering Pageant!!

This young man was one of the favorites among the audience! He had such a genuine and honest way about him!

These contestants kept the audience (and myself) in stitches!!

1st runner up right here with fantastic answers!


Funny and handsome! An unbeatable combination!! :)

These two were hilarious! He would answer the question while she made all the hand gestures!

Singing 'Orange Colored Sky' as a filler. I had been sick for a week and half with the flu just before this event, but managed to get it out!! Ha Ha!! The audience was so receptive and made me feel loved!! :)

1st runner up!!

Crowning the first ever 'Mr. Kettering' who also was the Homecoming King earlier in the year!!

He loved the boa more than the crown I think!! :)

All the gang! They were terrific and did a great job!! :)

'Mr. Kettering' and his court!!

On Wednesday, April 20th I emceed a wonderful and fun event called Mr Kettering. This was an all male pageant, for seniors only and served as an opportunity to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes organization! These incredible young students raised over $2,000 for this worthy cause!
I was so proud of these guys for getting this event together in a short amount of time! It was like night and day from our rehearsal to the final night and they worked really hard to make the show fun and entertaining!! It was also a great opportunity for me to speak off the cuff with just a few things written out for me to say (like their name and some background information!) The audience was exceptional in regards to their respect that they showed me! They even participated when I tried to make it more interactive while the guys were changing into their next outfit! The contestants girlfriends/friends were also hilarious and were good sports with helping them out and making them look great!!
It was on of my favorite events and it was great to be a part of it and help out where it was needed!! I hope that all of the schools follow suit with Milford High School and Waterford Kettering High School for their passion and outstanding work!! Also thank you to the Milford HS students who wrote to Kettering and recommended me to help with the Kettering pageant, it was great to know that I've been doing a good job as Miss Oakland County and word is getting around :)
Thank you Waterford Kettering HS and best wishes in the future with the Mr Kettering pageants!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment