Monday, May 16, 2011

CMNH Fundraiser!!

Standing in the entrance at the Family Video (freezing I might add)!!!


Signed autograph cards and photo op!! They are sisters and so sweet! Their dad, I learned, is our mail carrier in our neighborhood!! Too funny!! :)


It is always nice to collect donations for CMNH and to see the smiles of young children giving! It makes them feel good to help others too!

The month of May is dedicated to raising awareness and funds for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (CMNH) but I got an early start in April by choosing to greet the customers at Family Video in my wonderful hometown of Clarkston while holding a fund raiser of my own. I had the opportunity to network and share information about CMNH and the Miss America Organziation and how they partner together. While I collected funds I also autographed my headshots and distributed them to children and adults alike!!The CMNH is such a worthy cause and I am always humbled when I have the opportunity to volunteer my time for such a terrific organization!!!

 In a short 2 hour period I raised almost $100.00 for which I was so thankful to the people of Clarkston for their generosity! Thank you to my hometown! You guys rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment