Sunday, December 12, 2010

Clarkston Christmas Parade!!











Calvin Bordine let me ride on his winning float!! What an honor for me to be the hometown queen riding the hometown float!!





On December 11th I was in my hometown for the annual Clarkston Lighted Christmas Parade!! I was blessed with the opportunity to be on the winning float, the Boardines Nursery float! It was beautiful!!! It was great weather too! Quite warm considering the past few parades ; )

I had the opportunity to meet and greet so many wonderful Clarkston residents and parade people before the parade even began in the 'warming room.' I wore a big poofy ball gown all white so that I looked like a Snow Queen!! It was a hit! Young and old alike loved the gown and the whole evening was magical!!

I had to have three people help me up a ladder, into a truck, to climb up on the flaot!! It was hysterically funny as my gown was so 'poofy' I couldn't see steps or anything for that matter!! But once I sat in the chair my gown was 'fluffed' and I was ready to wave with joy and enthusiasm to the excited crowd!! I have seen plenty of lighted parades while interning at the Walt Disney World Company, but this was my first time in a lighted parade and I wouldn't have missed it for the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment