Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rochester Holiday Parade!!!

                                   Some of the contestants from the Lady of the Lakes pageant, and me, pose for a                                photo with our guitars!!

                             This takes me back to when I was stilling living at Disney!!
                                                          'Nala' from the Lion King and me!




                                          On the 'Autism Rocks' float! Dancing and greeting the            
                                                   crowd with lots of Holiday cheer!

                                                        With Woody and Mrs Michigan!!


What a spectacular parade!! It was such an honor to be in the Rochester Holiday Parade themed 'Candy lane on Main' on December 5th!! We were even aired on Channel 7!! Some of the contestants from the Lady of the Lakes pageant and I were on the 'Autism Rocks' float where I was one of the celebrities with all of the Disney characters!!

As some of you may know, I will be the titleholder for the first Miss Lady of the Lakes pageant since there isn't a reigning titleholder right now! The director, Jeanette, judged me at Miss Oakland County this year and asked me to crown her new girl!! She is a wonderful person and I know this pageant will be a huge success!! I am very excited to be crowning the very first 'Miss Lady of the Lakes' on February 19th! I hope you will come out to join us!!

Now let me tell you, it was FREEZING that day!!! I had 13 shirts on (I could barely move!) and 5 layers under my jeans! While it didn't really snow it was VERY cold out. The parade lasted about 2 hours and was a huge hit! On our float we had fun music playing which I danced to while the float was in park, but when it moved we were all laughing at how unsteady we were, not to mentioon the wind too!! ! It was fun to see the crowd start to dance too!! I think Woody was the biggest hit of them all!! The children yelled for him so he could give a big smile and wave their way!! It was precious!!

Overall it was a fantastic day full of wonderful people and the Holiday spirit in the air, what more could you ask for!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment