Monday, January 17, 2011

Mr. Milford Pageant!!!


                                                                    The whole gang!!!
 Okay so I have to explain this photo...we asked him the same question that the famous Miss South Carolina Teen USA 2007 contestant was asked which was about why Americans can't find the United States on a world map? Well he memorized exactly how Miss SCTUSA responded and I couldn't contain myself from laughter. I think once everyone realized why I was laughing so hard, they figured out where his answer came from and joined in on my hysterical laughter!! It was awesome!


                          Singing Orange Colored Sky my talent song from Miss Oakland County!!
                          Orange Colored Sky . . . I can't wait to sing my new one at Miss Michigan!! :)

 
                                                                      Raffle ticket time!


               Mollie Smith attends Milford High and is an MAO teen contestent ~ so great to see her!!

                     Here I am with the newly crowned Mr. Milford and my incredible co-host Trey!!
I just love these girls!! They are so sweet and passionate!! They were kind enough to buy me a Milford hoody which I wear all the time with pride!! You girls did an outstanding job and you created something extremely special for your school that will hopefully live on after you guys graduate!!

On Wenesday evening December 15th, 2010 I had the wonderful opportunity to host the very first Mr. Milford pageant held at the Milford High School! Only guys were allowed to cpmpete, but the staff was pretty much all women!! I was there not only to be a host, but to help the staff and contestants understand pageantry a little bit better. I even spoke to the judges to tell them what they needed to look for in a titleholder! I even convinced 2 more guys to sign up a week before the pageant!! While they were unsure at first they did come back to me and say they were very happy I had convinced them to compete and that they had a blast!!

Let me tell you, these guys were hilarious!!! They are true role models for their school and were genuinely great guys! Plus I was very excited to see what talents they would come up with and some were extremely impressive!! I could not believe how respectful these young men were and my co-host was phenominal, not only with hosting, but with his talented singing voice!! The guys really gave it their all and were confident in every aspect of competition!! The winner was Brian, a Junior, who danced with a ribbon for his talent! While it sounds funny he actually did  great job with it while making it humorous!

The pageant was fashioned after the Miss America Organization, but they didn't have an interview portion  just an on stage question. The contestants started with an opening number to start the show where they introduced themselves before changing into the infamous swimsuit competition! These were not your typical swimsuits! Some came out in 2 piece bikinis while another came out in swim trunks, snorkels, and big flippers with an inflatible duck round his waste and flotties on his arms ~ I thought I would bust a gut laughing! Next was the talent portion with a minute thirty talent routine. Next they wore suits and answered 2 on stage questions, one serious question that we told them that morning (remember ladies they aren't pageant contestants and we didn't want them to be too nervous!!) and the second was a funny question to let the judges see their personality (they didn't know this question though, we wanted them to be real and not rehearsed!)

The contestants, staff, and myself are hoping that this will become a big part of their school and something that they can look forward to every year and something that is special for the guys to do while raising money! We raised $1,360 for the CARE House organization which is an organization that helps abused children whether it is housing them or giving them the needed counseling to help them through their different situations. CARE House needed to expand their building and this pageant helped them do that and help even more children in Oakland County!! I even just heard from Kathy (a teacher who helped set up the pageant and kept in contact with me : )) that they are trying to make this a state wide pageant to continue helping the CARE House program! Now how wonderful is that!!!!???!?? It's great that one high school can make such a huge difference and start an inspirational trend throughout the state!! I'm so thankful to have been a part of this outstanding event and I have to say it is one of my favorites that I have been involved with since being crowned Miss Oakland County!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment