Thursday, August 19, 2010

Coast Guard Festival!!


Before the Coast Guard Parade! I was number 153!
Ionia Fair queens! They were absolutely lovely!
Grand Haven Cheerleaders! They placed 2nd at Nationals! Congrats girls!
The Chairman for the Coast Guard Festival!
In the parade!


She was so sweet!! She really wanted to meet the "princess!" When I told her I love hugs she jumped on the opportunity : )


She was so outgoing, it was great!!

She was super shy but she still wanted to meet me! So cute!
I had a blast at the Coast Guard Festival on August 7th! They always do an outstanding job and everyone not only around the state, but the county, come out and give their respect to the Coast Guard and spend the day downtown! It was such an honor to be a part of the famous Coast Guard parade! I was number 153, even though I was near the end of the parade there were so many people watching and enjoying the day outside! All of the visitors and locals were very supporitive and accepting of me, it was overwhelming in the most wonderful way!! I had the chance to see several of my old friends and teachers! I used to live in Grand Haven for 10 years! I was there from Kindergarten through 8th grade and I moved to Clarkston in 2005. Even though I had a big fire truck blaring behind me people would still yell out their kind words and "good lucks" for me for Miss Michigan. I never realized how many Grand Haven locals go to watch Miss Michigan, its great!! It was estimated there were 350,000+ people in town for the parade!!

After the parade I went to the crafts fair in downtown Grand Haven. I had the opportunity to meet some lovely children who were very excited to meet the "princess!" Some of the girls were a little bit shy when meeting me, but still wanted to have the chance to meet me which I thought was so sweet! Many parents asked me about the MAO program and my platform which I love to talk about!

The fireworks at the Coast Guard are the best in the state! It was a FANTASTIC show!! Words can't even describe how phenominal the fireworks were!!

No comments:

Post a Comment