Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dr Pepper/Snapple Tailgate Party!!!!

Sitting on the Venom bike before the Miss Michigan Director Shelley Taylor won the bike!!

With the girls and Miss Michigan Katie LaRouche!!



Being goofy!!
Representing the Hydrive Energy drinks!!
Miss St Clair Shores, Brenna, and me!!




With the winner of the most spirited award!

Miss Stanton County, Chelsea and me!!

With Shelley Taylor my good friend!!!

My "director" for the weekend Liz Munger and Shelley Taylor!!

We're just as tough as the boys are! Check out our tattoos!! Fake of course!!
After Shelley bought the Venom bike! All the money went to Katie's platform!


On October 8th and 9th I had the wonderful opportunity to be a part of the Dr Pepper/Snapple Tailgating Party held at the JW Marriott in Grand Rapids! Not only was I a visiting titleholder, but I was one of the Dr Pepper cheerleaders/dancer!!! I had so much fun bonding with all the girls, some who I had never met before (if you don't include facebook! ; ) ) The night before the event we sure had a work out ahead of us...dancing!!! (Which is the most fun way to work out if you ask me ; )) We danced all night to learn our routine, let's just say it got all of us whipped into shape for the next day!! I haven't had a chance to dance like that in years and it was great to know I still have it in me to do high kicks and leaps!! A very special thank you to Brenna! She is an awesome dancer and choreographer!!

It was also a ton of of fun watching the football game with all the girls! MSU won!! It was great to be a part of all the fun activities that they had at the event!! It was a huge success and not only for all of the guests, but our reigning Miss Michigan, Katie LaRouche, who received a check for $1,700 to further her platform to save 17 young women's lives who are involved in human trafficing in America!! I could tell she was overwhelmed with appreciation, as were all of us watching this gift unfold!! Thank you Dr Pepper/Snapple for everything you do for our organization as well as all of the other organizations you sponsor! You truly make a difference in all of our lives and we couldn't do it without you!! Thank you for your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment