Thursday, October 21, 2010

Special Olympics Opening Ceremony!!!!

Signing autographs!! I even ran out so we had to print a ton more!! I think I signed about 200+!!




I knew Vallory when I went to the Winter and Summer Olympics in 2008!! It was a huge and wonderful reunion for us!! I got a little teary eyed!!
He is one of the National medalists for Special Olympics!! :)
The huge line for my autograph! What an honor for me!!



                                                                       Being introduced!!
He was so funny!! He told everyone about how I will be competing for Miss Michigan and that I'll be bringing that crown home next year!! If it's God's will then I will recieve the wondeful job! But it was so sweet how much support I recieved from the athletes when they went crazy after hearing that!! Of course later the Mayor said I would win it and then bring home the Miss America crown too! Haha!! Thank you everyone for your support, it means the world to me!!!
                                                                The Mayor of Warren!
                                        The president of the Michigan Special Olympics, Lois!!
                                             We all danced the night away which was so much fun!!




Friday night, Oct 15th I atteneded the Special Ol;ympics opening ceremonies which also included a dinner/dance!!! It was wonderful having a big reunion with those that I had met from the 2008 Summer and Winter Olympics!! The opening ceremonies were wonderful where they announced the sponsors and me as a special guest!! As I said earlier, I recieved so much love and support for my journey to Miss Michigan!! I will do my best when I am there and I can't wait!! Hopefully this year doesn't fly by too fast though! ;) After all of the important news was done we all danced the night away! I even had the chance to dance to the cupid shuffle on stage to help the crowd dance to the music!! It was so much fun!! Th kids love being a part of this and to get themselves excited and ready for their games!!

No comments:

Post a Comment