Thursday, October 21, 2010

Special Olympics Soccer Tournament!!!

                                         I love hanging out with the athletes! They are amazing!!
                                                            She was such a sweetheart!!!
                                            The wonderful Special Olympics staff/volunteers!!!

       They were testing the athletes flexibility! I even did it myself!! I have better balance then I thought ; )



The wonderul Marissa Roy, Miss Danish Festival!!
           One of my favorite things about the Special Olympics is getting all of the big hugs and kisses!! :)
 Special Olympics just added this part to the program so even younger kids can get involved! How great!!
                                                                         Eating lunch!!
                              The athletes were so sweet! They wanted us to sign their ribbons on their medals!! :)

                    It was such an honor to be able to award some of the athletes throughout the day!

                                     The kids are truly amazing! And so much fun to be around!! :)
                                 The team won their last game and they did such an amazing job!! It was close 2-1!!
It was such an honor to be a part of the Special Olympics!! As some of you may already know that this is not the first time I have been involved with the program! In 2008 I went to both the Winter and Summer Olympics!! I always enjoy being a part of this wonderful organization!! The kids continue to inspire me with their passion, drive, and sportsmanship!! They are also SO happy for the other teams when they win and to me they are all truly winners for being there!!
I have recently found out that Best Bones Forever (my platform) is in the process of trying to team up with Special Olympics so we can keep stressing the importance of staying healthy, and its great that these kids are already doing that!! So I hope that this will all come together!! If Best Bones Forever was not my platform, Special Olympics would be in a heart beat!! But how great would it be if they can both come together! That would be a dream come true for me!!
These kids continue to show me so much support on my journey for Miss Michigan!! It was overwhelming how excited they were for me when they heard that I will be competing!!
I'm so excited to contiue to stay involved with the program as much as possible!!
Congratulations to all of the athletes, like I said, YOU ARE ALL WINNERS!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment