Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Gift to Mothers and Daughters Luncheon in NYC!!!

Waiting for the luncheon to begin and reviewing my notes! I was asked to speak at the luncheon to share my involvement with both Best Bones Forever and the National Osteoporosis Foundation!
The is the lovely and very gracious Amy Porter! She is the CEO of the National Osteoporosis Foundation!
Darcy gave me this Bumper Sticker for my new car (new to me) '99 Trans Am!!! Love it!! :)
This is the amazing Darcy Swartowski! She took me to all the interviews and is fun, bubbly and full of energy! She makes me laugh!! :)
Molly Lippert is the other teen ambassador and came on board after I did in 2009! She is 13 years old and has been on tv in cooking shows to teach kids about healthy living and eating!! She is a great speaker and an asset to the team! We had heard of each other before and it was so nice to finally put a face with the name! She is so sweet and genuine and we had a great interview together at Pixie Magazine! Molly lives right in the heart of NYC and has done other magazine interview as well!



Mom and me after I gave my speech at the Mother/Daughter luncheon!
This is Kris House Blanchette!! She is the first person I met from the National Osteoporosis Foundation when I was 16 yrs old! She is awesome to work with and always so encouraging to me! I have never seen anyone work as hard as Kris. I don't think she ever sat down the entire day of the NYC luncheon and probably never even got to eat!! Kris is always so calm and poised under stress and is one of my dearest friends! When I sent a blind letter to NOF it ended up in her lap and I am so glad that it did!

This event meant a lot to me because it is all about my platform!! I was able to promote these two wonderful organizations using my crown as a megaphone. I had the opportunity to talk to four major magazines stressing the importance of taking care of your body while you are young!! I also had the opportunity to speak to everyone at the Luncheon about what I have been doing throughout the years. Everyone was so receptive and supportive! I received many compliments about how eloquent I was and how impressed they were about how many things I have done with my platform. I have traveled the country to get the word out about this silent disease that we don't think about until it is too late. I want to make that change in the lives of others to let them know the time is now, to keep your bones healthy and strong. Like I always say, "Drink your milk!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment