Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Resolution Passed!!!!







On May 31st, 2011 I had the amazing opportunity to finally see my resolution pass personally on the House floor at our State Capital with special thanks to Michigan Representative Vicki Barnett!!! I sent the resolution in 8 months ago and about two weeks before the Miss Michigan pageant it finally came through!! It was surreal hearing the gaval hit the podium when "Michigan Osteoporosis Day" was finally passed and established!!! This was a personal victory for me to see this hard work rewarded, but an even bigger victory for the people of Michigan! Just knowing that I helped make a little bit of history in our state about osteoporosis has been very humbling and knowing that many people will recieve free bone density screening is an awesome feeling! On October 20th, 2011 we will officially have our very own Michigan Ostopeorosis Day! I couldn't have done it without Rep Barnett's help and I am eternally grateful for her assisatance in this matter and her friendship!!! I am now in the early planning stages fora huge state wide event in October and I can't wait to see it come to life!!! Details to follow!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment