Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Week at Miss Michigan 2011!!!!!

SATURDAY:







Moving all of my things into my parents room so that the move to my other room for the week would be easier!! I must say, this outfit was one of my favorites!!! :)

What a fun and relaxing first day!!! It was the perfect weather to have a photoshoot...not too hot, too windy, or too rainy!!! I must say I had a blast especially for the fact that I was in the front row!!! Being a tall person my whole life I'm used to being in the back where only my hair is seen and my face is behind all of the other lovely young ladies so it was nice to be in the front for once and next to the queen none the less!!! This was a pretty chill day so nothing more than pictures and orientation!!!

SUNDAY:

All day rehearsals!!!

Before Buffalo Wild Wings!!!

Chelsea Kreiner (roomie!) and me!!! Love her!! :)

I haven't been on a bus since I was a kid!!! Wow did it bring me back!!!

With our wonderful sponsor at Buffalo Wild Wings!!!

Rehearsal day!!! The most important and longest day!! The day we learned everything!!! We practiced our walks, our talents, our opening and closing numbers as well as the combined opening number (just missing the teens!) It was a busy day, but an extremely important one!!! The staff was absolutely wonderful and Miya was super nice to us by giving us easy opening and closing numbers!! Thank you Miya!!!

After rehearsals we had the opportunity to go to one of our outstanding sponsor resturants, Buffalo Wild Wings!! My teen, Morgan Stocker, was there with her mom to see us as well and eat some great food!! It was wonderful chatting with them for awhile since I didn't get to see her very often during the week with all of our busy schedules!!!
MONDAY:



We headed over to the Masonic Temple to eat lunch with the members!! It was fun chatting with them and the couple I sat with were the grandparents of Jenny Peters who was a former Miss Coast Guard City (the last reigning titleholder to be exact!) so it was great catching up about her life and how she was doing!!! When I lived in Grand Haven, Jenny lived about 6 houses down from ours!! Small world!! All of us took a photo with a classic Cadillac and hopefully someday soon I will have it scanned onto my computer to post!!



That night we met the judges for the first time (after rehearsal and dinner was finished!!) It was great to get together with the teens as well before the judges arrived to introduce themselves!! Most of us stayed in our sweat clothes since the judges were informed we would be in our rehearsal clothes...I guess that just meant that we would look even cuter when we met them at our interviews being conducted the next day!!! I think it worked! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment