Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer Special Olympics!!!







One of my favorite events always includes spending time with the athletes at the Special Olympics!!! This year the Summer Games were once again held on the campus of Central Michigan University in Mt Pleasant!! It's always great to see my athletic friends from Oakland County who work so hard to get to this huge and prestigious event!!! Several other MAO titleholders also joined in on the fun during the week!!! We all split up into our specific counties so it was great to see people from our own areas!! The biggest compliment I recieved was when a coach came up to me and said, "Thank you for being here! You are great with the kids!!" I told him that I loved being there and seeing all of them and cheering each one to do their personal best! It was great to hear that my joy really was showing when I was interacting with them!! I also tell people that if I had to pick any other platform other than Best Bones Forever Osteoporosis Awareness and prevention, Special Olympics would definitely be my choice!!! The kids were fantastic and as always inspired me to persevere toward my goals! I hope that they all had fun because I sure did!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment