Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Arts and Apples Festival!

The girls really wanted to take a picture with me...it was so cute! They were sweethearts! : )

Judging the Apple Pie/Dessert Contest for the second year, I'm becoming a pie veteran ; )
Some of the staff members and judges
One of the delicious pies
Being interviewed by WCMN about the Festival and the contest
Yum!

Cleansing the pallet with water...yes, it's pretty legit.

Figuring out who our top 3 were...we were getting down to business!

Being introduced as Miss Oakland County as one of the judges

These girls were so adorable! I passed them before I went on stage and I said *h!*. One of the girls looked at her friends and said "she said hi to us!" It really made my day that I could put a smile on their faces!
Remembering those who served our country and those who continue to help keep America free


The Arts and Apple Festival is always a delight to be a part of ... especially as a judge for the dessert contest!! This was my second year juding the contest. The first time I judged was back in 2008, but back then they only had the pie part, not the dessert! So this year I judged the desserts instead of the pies...I thought I'd change it up a bit ; ) One thing that I loved about jugding the desserts was that I had no idea what I was going to be tasting. There was cookies, bunt cakes, apple toppings, cheesecakes, and so many other wonderfully baked goodies! I also had the opportunity to judge again with the outstanding Mayor Bryan Barnett. He is such a hoot!! I think he is too cool to be a Mayor!! We were dancing to Miley Cyrus in the very beginning of the judging and he knew the words to Party in the USA better than I did, I was impressed! Haha!! : )
Not only was it fun judging the contest it was great to be interviewed by WCMN! He asked me about the event and what I look for in the desserts as well as my past experience of judging the contest! He also asked me how I feel about the Festival as a whole. I love the festival!! Every year it seems to be a bright and sunny day which always makes it more fun and new booths are added every year!! He kept smiling through the whole interview so I think I did a great job!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment