Monday, September 20, 2010

Ground Zero in memory of 9/11

Former Miss Oakland County Kelly Zander - Duka





"We will never forget" is a phrase we hear year after year as we remember the attacks of 9-11. Although I was only ten years old I do recall that day very clearly even though at the time I didn't fully understand the events of the day.
What an honor it was for me to participate in the Ground Zero ceremony held in Farmington Hills under the outdoor pavillion. It was a very cold and rainy night, but it didn't stop any of us from coming out to remember the lives lost on that day as we listened to invited guest speakers. Watching the emotional flyover and hearing the haunting song of the bagpipes and later 'Taps' made me so thankful to be a citizen of the United States of America. The lives of every American was changed forever because of what happened that fateful day in 2001, but no matter how old I am, I will never forget how our country came together on one of the worst days our country had seen in years. It gave me hope to go on and to honor those that were lost by living a life of integrity and purpose. May God bless Amercia.

No comments:

Post a Comment