Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MDA Telethon!

KP and his mom, Sandy! :)





The Channel TV 5 host Scott Johnson and me

My good friend Mekeisha and me!

The girls with the outstanding KP!! :) 

Waiting for the phone to ring!!

Answering the phones!



Scott, me, and Carrie Sharp. the other TV 5 host

The final 'grand total' of the day in Vanna White style!! LOL!! :)

Having the opportunity to be a part of this event for the second year in a row was awesome! It was great to see the other titleholders and chat with them as well as meeting the wonderful KP! KP has MD and was there to speak about it and how it has affected him. KP (Kevin Patrick) has such high spirits and is such a trooper! He and I talked about Corvettes and how much he loves them! I felt so honored to have had a chance to meet and speak with him and his mom! He will be a senior this year in high school! Good luck KP! : )

So many viewers called and donated large sums of money, but did not want to be recognized because it was personal for them and some didn't want to seem like they were bragging! I was especially touched by a young caller who donated $1.00 ~ she was so sweet and I was deeply touched! I thought I would cry!! That's what it's all about!! Giving from the heart!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you came to Saginaw to be on our team despite you're very busy weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete