Monday, September 27, 2010

"No Child Left Inside!"

Volunteering for 'No Child Left Inside'



It is never too young to learn about how to take care of your bones!! Seeing this little girl (and so many others) taking an interest in my teaching board totally thrilled me!!


Here I am explaining, to a 14 year old girl, how important it is to have good healthy habits now to help prevent Osteoporosis in her future!!

One of my duties of the day was to let everyone know about future events coming up! It's important to stay active all year round, not just during the sunny seasons!
I worked the registrataion table and stamped hands before they entered the park!! All in a day's work!!

We have another event coming up in February 2011, in my hometown, of Clarkston, and I am sharing this important information to this young man!


All of us worked the registration table

Sunday, September 26th I volunteered at the "No Child Left Inside" event held at the Kensington Metro Park in Mildford. What a gorgeous park (clothed in bright autumn colors)!! I am so thrilled to have participated in this wonderful event because it coincides with my platform so perfectly about getting kids outside to be active!! The best way to protect your bones is to be active!!
I was delighted to see so many people, of all ages, inquire about my trifold display 'Best Bones Forever'!!! Several children asked about it as well as the parents! I also had many questions about my Miss Oakland title which led to discussion of the Miss Michigan Schoalrship pageant which led to Miss America and CMN discussions!! So it all was relative and absolutely a terrific opportunity to market all of it at the same time!! This event allowed me to network with so many vendors/sponsors that related to my platform and that means more events are in the process of being scheduled! Although it was a freezing cold day, I met the most incredible children and adults and I can't wait to work with them all again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment