Monday, September 27, 2010

Miss Jackson County pageant!!!


Doug King is so supportive and a very happy and kind man!! I just love him!! :)

The Morgan sandwich!! Love these girls!!

I always enjoy seeing the Haglunds! They always have hugs and smiles for me and great advice!! :)

Meeting Kay Lani Rafko Wilson, Miss Amercia 1988 was very exciting! She was very gracious to me and wished me well for Miss Michigan!!

This contestant sang 'Orange Colored Sky' (the song I used all last year) and she was fantastic!! She finished 1st runner-up in the teen division!!

We 'love' representing our counties!!
This young woman sang 'At Last' ~ she took my breath away and gave me goose-bumps!! Awesome voice!!

Saturday evening, September 25th I attended the Miss Jackson Rose Queen pageant held in Jackson, MI at the Michiagn Theatre. The last time I attended this pageant was in 2004 when that Hannah Lynn won so it was nice to return this year after a six year absence!! It was the 50th anniversary for this pageant and a 50 year celebration video tribute was included! Several former Rose queens were in attendance which made the whole night even more special!
My dear friend, Cassandra Kramer, crowned her successor Saturday night with such poise and class! What I love about Cassandra is that she is the real deal ~ very genuine and kind! Her platform work is about Lukemia and you can tell she loves serving others no matter what the community event is! This past June, Cassandra, placed 1st runner-up at Miss Michigan and I believe it was only her second pageant! She is amazing and I count it a priviledge to call her my friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment