Thursday, September 23, 2010

Speaking to the Women's Oakland Commissioners!! :)



This afternoon, Thursday, September 23rd, I had the wonderful and very exciting opportunity to share all about my 'Best Bones Forever!' platform at the Oakland County Women Commissioners Meeting! As a National Spokesperson for 'Best Bones Forever!" and the official Teen Ambassador for the National Osteoporosis Foundation, I consider it a blessing every time I share my personal story of how I became involved with these excellent Osteoporosis organizations! They have each given me a great deal of responsibility to reach our younger generation about this debilitating disease and I take those responsibilities very seriously!

It was great to have a question and answer segment after I finished my presentation. Questions always challenge me to think quickly on my feet!!
As you can see I have a trifold display that I use to teach students about Osteoporosis and bone health. I purposely chose to make it bright and colorful to get their attention as well as included many facts about bones, nutrition, and exercise. I have also included some statistics. In the center of the display is a miniature skeleton and to the right of that is a photo of the "Skele Girls" dancing at an event!! When I go out to the schools this year, I will be wearing a skeleton costume with my crown and sash!! I believe it will make a statement to say the least ~ "no bones about it!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment