Monday, September 20, 2010

CMN Backyard EdVenture!!!

With some of the volunteers with our CMN tee-shirts!
Shelley Taylor, my friend, and the outstanding Miss Michigan director!
Miss Michigan with all the Disney Princesses
I was not only Miss Oakland County, but Aurora from Sleeping Beauty!
Helping the kids put jewels on their crowns!
She came right up to me and hugged me! It was so sweet!
She said I (Aurora) was her favorite princess!
Handing out necklaces!
This lady was so sweet! She wanted to walk around a bit so she decided to come see all of the princesses! She gave me many well wishes for Miss Michigan which meant so much to me!
With the beautiful Miss Michigan!!

I had the wonderful pleasure of volunteering at the CMN Backyard EdVenture held at the Beaumont Hospital located in Royal Oak on Sunday afternoon, Sept 19th!! Our wonderful Miss Michigan, Katie LaRouche also shared in this great event as well!! We were assigned to the Princess Garden on the sixth floor! This was so fitting as the little children would be coming to a Disney-like atmosphere to work at craft tables that were attended by Disney favorite characters: Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty and Belle!! It was a dream come true for me to be assigned to play Aurora, Sleeping Beauty!! I recently completed my apprenticeship, in the college program, as a character perfomer at Walt Disney World this past May and this was just like coming home again for me! I was in Heaven playing this part!! :) I handed out out colored necklace beads and help the children decorate a crown with jewels for them to wear!


Mekayla, was a darling little girl, who wanted to hear all about the Little Miss Michigan pageant! She said she wants to be my little sister queen! I directed her parents to the Miss Michigan website so they could learn even more about our wonderful program! I think she will be a future Miss Oakland County!! : ) What a joy for me to market the MAO program with someone so young and to share the joy I have experienced to get someone else started in the program!! Her parents were very supportive of starting her in the MAO! I can't wait to see Mekayla again at the Miss Michigan pageant, next June, if not sooner!! :)
 
The Backyard EdVenture was such a huge success!! Every child had a smile and it was a very satisfying and fulfilling feeling to kow that I had a part in making a difference in my little corner of the world to bring joy and happiness to the children (and parents) of Oakland County!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment