Monday, September 20, 2010

Lake Orion Classic Senior Car Show!

I always make time to thank the veterans for serving our country
Buffalo Wild Wings mascot!
Signing autographs
Elvis and me!
He told me that we are due for a redheaded Miss America ; )
My friend, the amazing Miss Michigan Director Shelley Taylor!
Chatting about our appearances and experiences
Girls are strong too!
With the newlyweds
Helping hand out the awards for the car show
The trophy is taller than me! Even with my heels on!!

Golling Buick GMC, in Lake Orion, was the setting for a fabulaous car show! Miss Michigan, Katie LaRouche, my Oakland County Outstanding Teen sister, Morgan Stocker, and I had the opportunity to be a part of the Lake Orion Classic Senior Car Show!! I am absolutely car crazy and I had  a blast at this event! The show was full of surprises as we didn't just sign autographs, but we were even in the procession of a 1960's themed wedding! The bride wore a poodle skirt, an Elvis Presley impersonator sang to the happy couple, and the groom wore a tuxedo t-shirt. A young dance team dressed in silver costumes with balloon bouquets also joined the procession as we followed the bride to the wedding arch!! They say that rain on your wedding day is good luck and it poured!!! The wedding was very different, but certainly very sweet! So glad I was able to witness this special day for them!!
The three of us, plus Ms. Michigan, also handed out the trophies to all of the car winners in various categories! The very last trophy was actually taller than me when I am wearing my heels!!!
And the rain didn't hurt anyone from having a fantastic time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment